New England clam chowder is a classic American staple, first eaten by settlers as early as the 1700s. The only secret to this delicious and one of a kind Clam Chowder is to use all the unhealthy ingredients such as bacon and bacon fats, half and half milk and complete the toppings: spring onion, oyster cracker and crushed crunchy bacon.
- 4 bacon strips (omit if avoiding pork)
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 large onion
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half, divided
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams with juice
- Chicken Stock 1 box
- Cook bacon until crisp. Stir in the onion, potatoes, celery, and flour on bacon fats. Add the chicken stock, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the half-and-half until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in clams and remaining half-and-half; heat through. Crumble the cooked bacon; sprinkle over each serving.
For a healthier version:
- Omit the bacon and use plant base butter in sauteing.
- Use dairy free/lactose free milk instead of half and half.
- Use organic gluten free chicken stock.
Watch the video how I cooked it :
Quarantine Recipe: Best Sizzling Teak on a Sizzling plate with rice and veggies. The gravy with this steak recipe made the dish perfect! Since this covid issue arises, people around the world are extremely agitated to what they need to do. One of the thing that help me calm my nerves is cooking. I am posting recipe daily so please come back in a daily basis. Thank you Folks!
- Steak of Your Choice ( I prefer Ribeye because of its plenty fats!)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup mixed vegetables cooked
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow rice
One of my family’s favorite bread with lots of sugar and cheese 😁 Other than pandesal, Ensaymada is one of the most popular dessert of Filipino nation. It is known for its great sweetness and fluffiness.
Here are the simple ingredients:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening – -softened to room temperature
- 1 envelope active dry yeast – (about 7-9 grams (1/4 oz) or 1 tablespoon) – proofed in 1/4 cup warm water ( See Note 1 for alternative)
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter – – softened to room temperature- for brushing
- 1/2 cup butter – – softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Kraft cheese – or other grated cheese
2 Chronicles 7:13-15
Whenever I hold back the rain or send locusts to eat up the crops or send an epidemic on my people, if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again. I will watch over this Temple and be ready to hear all the prayers that are offered here