Despite the fact that there’s a pandemic, I’m a firm believer that birthday celebrations still matter. Celebrations also give families a chance to break up the monotony of quarantine life.
The coronavirus is causing unprecedented devastation, and it’s okay to cherish a moment of brightness. Parents are encouraged to manage their own expectations, as well. They’re under enough stress — from economic hardships, jobs that take them out of the house or adjusting to working from home while also home-schooling — and need to give themselves grace. “Be thankful that your child reached this milestone, be thankful that you’re able to be there to reach this milestone with your child” Do something special at home: The best gift you can give a child is your presence, so talk to them about how they want to spend the day. Cook their favorite dishes with them (cake decorating and build-your-own pizzas are always winners) or go camping in the backyard (or the living room depending on the weather).
You can also do some over-the-top decorations while they’re sleeping so they have something special to wake up to (for example, fill the room with balloons). You can also add some structure to the day by creating an at-home scavenger hunt — there are plenty of examples on the internet nowadays.
MY KIDS’ FAVORITE OF ALL THE SALAD I MADE IS THIS APPLE AND BROCCOLI SALAD. WE ARE ALL FAMILIAR WITH KETO DIET NOWADAYS BUT WE CAN’T STILL AVOID TO HAVE DIFFERENT KINDS OF SALAD CRAVINGS ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE KIDS THAT USED TO EAT EVERYTHING BEFORE NEW DIET HAS BECOME POPULAR. THIS IS MY “GO TO SALAD”
Here are the simple and easy to find ingredients:
Prep Time 15-20 minutes
Ingredients 4 cups small diced broccoli florets
2 small gala apples , cored and diced
1 cup diced carrots , roughly chopped
1/2 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries (craisins, walnut)
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp honey Salt Pepper
New England clam chowder is a classic American staple, first eaten by settlers as early as the 1700s. The only secret to this delicious and one of a kind Clam Chowder is to use all the unhealthy ingredients such as bacon and bacon fats, half and half milk and complete the toppings: spring onion, oyster cracker and crushed crunchy bacon.
- 4 bacon strips (omit if avoiding pork)
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 large onion
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half, divided
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams with juice
- Chicken Stock 1 box
- Cook bacon until crisp. Stir in the onion, potatoes, celery, and flour on bacon fats. Add the chicken stock, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the half-and-half until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in clams and remaining half-and-half; heat through. Crumble the cooked bacon; sprinkle over each serving.
For a healthier version:
- Omit the bacon and use plant base butter in sauteing.
- Use dairy free/lactose free milk instead of half and half.
- Use organic gluten free chicken stock.
Watch the video how I cooked it :
Quarantine Recipe: Best Sizzling Teak on a Sizzling plate with rice and veggies. The gravy with this steak recipe made the dish perfect! Since this covid issue arises, people around the world are extremely agitated to what they need to do. One of the thing that help me calm my nerves is cooking. I am posting recipe daily so please come back in a daily basis. Thank you Folks!
- Steak of Your Choice ( I prefer Ribeye because of its plenty fats!)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup mixed vegetables cooked
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow rice
One of my family’s favorite bread with lots of sugar and cheese 😁 Other than pandesal, Ensaymada is one of the most popular dessert of Filipino nation. It is known for its great sweetness and fluffiness.
Here are the simple ingredients:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening – -softened to room temperature
- 1 envelope active dry yeast – (about 7-9 grams (1/4 oz) or 1 tablespoon) – proofed in 1/4 cup warm water ( See Note 1 for alternative)
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter – – softened to room temperature- for brushing
- 1/2 cup butter – – softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Kraft cheese – or other grated cheese